HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 dogs!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:09 pm

i recently went to someones barbeque party. I was looking forward to seeing my friends and blah blah balh, but when I arrived, i was greeted by a border collie with a stick in its mouth!
I spoke with a few people for the first 5 or 10 mins, but after that I noticed the collie had no-one to playw ith, so I went up to it, took the stick, and threw it! it ran, picked it up, and brought it back. i spent almost 2 hours playing with it!!!
when the part ended we went home and ever since I can't get the memory of playng with the dog out of my head!

I have thought about getting one, and i know it is hard work, but i think it could be quite fun to get a small border collie, train it, walk it, play with it and have it as a friend! However, my parents think that I would get bored of waling it, and throuwing a ball for it, however I am sure they are wrong.

Do any of you own dogs/border collies, if so, are there any important things I should know about them before i think about going and getting one. I ahve a small list of things to do once i have it, here it is:


  • Train it
  • walk it (lots)
  • play with it (lots)
  • feed it
  • give it plenty or attension (lots)
if there is naything else I should know please tell me, I ahve never owned a dog, but I ahve to start somewhere. I need info!

edit: I am told that they need lots of exersize - they are herding dogs and are very energetic, but I am away at school for about 7 hours a day, this means i could exersize it in the garden for about half an hour every morning, and then take it for a long walk after school. and at weekends I would ahve lots more time on my hands. But is 7 hours to long to leave it alone for?

from telling you my schedule and stuff, would you say i'm a sutibale owner for a dog?

Another edit:

I should also mention that there are four people in my family; Me (12) My sister (Cool, my mum and dad... and a cat. I know that the cat would be a problem because BC dogs like to herd and chase stuff, but i've had some very good advice from some people about training them to adapt to their surroundings and to all thats tuff Tounge
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Momo
Banned
Banned
avatar

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Momo
Credits: 4
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:22 pm

Lol i cant help you with this because my dogs r lazy lol and they never play with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:29 pm

Momo wrote:
Lol i cant help you with this because my dogs r lazy lol and they never play with me.

lol, they sound cool! i wouldn't mind a dog which curls up on your bed, or sits next to you all the time, but I would prefer a dog which I can take on long walks and stuff, however after a while, and he is old, im sure he will go a bit soppy and be that kind of dog! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Mashfiq
Helper
Helper
avatar

Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Mashfiq
Credits: 14
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Mr Reptile wrote:
i recently went to someones barbeque party. I was looking forward to seeing my friends and blah blah balh, but when I arrived, i was greeted by a border collie with a stick in its mouth!
I spoke with a few people for the first 5 or 10 mins, but after that I noticed the collie had no-one to playw ith, so I went up to it, took the stick, and threw it! it ran, picked it up, and brought it back. i spent almost 2 hours playing with it!!!
when the part ended we went home and ever since I can't get the memory of playng with the dog out of my head!

I have thought about getting one, and i know it is hard work, but i think it could be quite fun to get a small border collie, train it, walk it, play with it and have it as a friend! However, my parents think that I would get bored of waling it, and throuwing a ball for it, however I am sure they are wrong.

Do any of you own dogs/border collies, if so, are there any important things I should know about them before i think about going and getting one. I ahve a small list of things to do once i have it, here it is:


  • Train it
  • walk it (lots)
  • play with it (lots)
  • feed it
  • give it plenty or attension (lots)

if there is naything else I should know please tell me, I ahve never owned a dog, but I ahve to start somewhere. I need info!

edit: I am told that they need lots of exersize - they are herding dogs and are very energetic, but I am away at school for about 7 hours a day, this means i could exersize it in the garden for about half an hour every morning, and then take it for a long walk after school. and at weekends I would ahve lots more time on my hands. But is 7 hours to long to leave it alone for?

from telling you my schedule and stuff, would you say i'm a sutibale owner for a dog?

Another edit:

I should also mention that there are four people in my family; Me (12) My sister (Cool, my mum and dad... and a cat. I know that the cat would be a problem because BC dogs like to herd and chase stuff, but i've had some very good advice from some people about training them to adapt to their surroundings and to all thats tuff Tounge
Wow. You are really determined!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mashfiq.webs.com
Momo
Banned
Banned
avatar

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Momo
Credits: 4
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:51 pm

My dogs r pugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snap
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 391
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Snap
Credits: Infinity!
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:20 pm

hmm it seems like you have pretty much everything covered
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spencer
Designer
Designer
avatar

Number of posts : 1473
Age : 22
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Spencer
Credits: 5
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm

i have a Chow/German Sheppard, my dog is so cute xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spencersart.net
Mashfiq
Helper
Helper
avatar

Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Mashfiq
Credits: 14
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:47 pm

To me dogs are like this:

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mashfiq.webs.com
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:56 am

Mashfiq wrote:
Mr Reptile wrote:
i recently went to someones barbeque party. I was looking forward to seeing my friends and blah blah balh, but when I arrived, i was greeted by a border collie with a stick in its mouth!
I spoke with a few people for the first 5 or 10 mins, but after that I noticed the collie had no-one to playw ith, so I went up to it, took the stick, and threw it! it ran, picked it up, and brought it back. i spent almost 2 hours playing with it!!!
when the part ended we went home and ever since I can't get the memory of playng with the dog out of my head!

I have thought about getting one, and i know it is hard work, but i think it could be quite fun to get a small border collie, train it, walk it, play with it and have it as a friend! However, my parents think that I would get bored of waling it, and throuwing a ball for it, however I am sure they are wrong.

Do any of you own dogs/border collies, if so, are there any important things I should know about them before i think about going and getting one. I ahve a small list of things to do once i have it, here it is:


  • Train it
  • walk it (lots)
  • play with it (lots)
  • feed it
  • give it plenty or attension (lots)

if there is naything else I should know please tell me, I ahve never owned a dog, but I ahve to start somewhere. I need info!

edit: I am told that they need lots of exersize - they are herding dogs and are very energetic, but I am away at school for about 7 hours a day, this means i could exersize it in the garden for about half an hour every morning, and then take it for a long walk after school. and at weekends I would ahve lots more time on my hands. But is 7 hours to long to leave it alone for?

from telling you my schedule and stuff, would you say i'm a sutibale owner for a dog?

Another edit:

I should also mention that there are four people in my family; Me (12) My sister (Cool, my mum and dad... and a cat. I know that the cat would be a problem because BC dogs like to herd and chase stuff, but i've had some very good advice from some people about training them to adapt to their surroundings and to all thats tuff Tounge
Wow. You are really determined!

lol, HECK YEAH! omg, i'd do almost anything for a dog Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Extra O
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 2079
Age : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Extra O, Lemon Em, y'know whatever =D
Credits: 175
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:42 am

Well my dog is half collie Confused ( and half whippet)

She is really energetic, but because I live on a farm there is lots of land she runs around whenever she likes, so there's no problem for me excercising her. (she loves playing fetch too!)

And also... I think border collies are really well behaved...Its just in their genes i think
Happy

_________________
VROOOOOOM
BOOOOM
ZOOOOOOOM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:48 am

Extra O wrote:
Well my dog is half collie Confused ( and half whippet)

She is really energetic, but because I live on a farm there is lots of land she runs around whenever she likes, so there's no problem for me excercising her. (she loves playing fetch too!)

And also... I think border collies are really well behaved...Its just in their genes i think
Happy

yeah, but it's a herding dog, would that cause any trouble with the cat? i was thinking the cat might get scared, or jealous Sad

EDIT:
I found this quite interesting, however this will not make my parents willing to get one Sad Did you see the 'training' thing? http://www.glowdog.com/bestdog/

another edit: this was also not helpful. i am away douring school for 7 hours a day Sad
http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/bordercollies.html

this is my biggest problem:
Quote :
<li>Separation anxiety. More than
most other breeds, Border Collies need a great deal of companionship
and do not like being left alone for more than a few hours. They become
anxious, which they express by chewing and barking. If you work all
day, this is not the breed for you.
</li>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Extra O
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 2079
Age : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Extra O, Lemon Em, y'know whatever =D
Credits: 175
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Usually cats are worse threats to the dogs... Well, mine are Happy

But anyways.. Maybe you shouldn't get a border collie. I mean, just cause the one you saw was really nice, not all of them might be like that. And you certainly don't want to make a bad decision... You could really regret it Happy

_________________
VROOOOOOM
BOOOOM
ZOOOOOOOM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mashfiq
Helper
Helper
avatar

Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Mashfiq
Credits: 14
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:44 pm

Extra O wrote:
Well my dog is half collie Confused ( and half whippet)

She is really energetic, but because I live on a farm there is lots of land she runs around whenever she likes, so there's no problem for me excercising her. (she loves playing fetch too!)

And also... I think border collies are really well behaved...Its just in their genes i think
Happy
How do you get internet connection on a farm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mashfiq.webs.com
Pablo
Super Crocodile
Super Crocodile
avatar

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Pablo
Credits: 4
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 pm

I love pugs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CrocodileSwamp123
Mashfiq
Helper
Helper
avatar

Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Mashfiq
Credits: 14
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:02 pm

Pablo wrote:
I love pugs!
What are pugs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mashfiq.webs.com
searchT
Rich Crocodile
Rich Crocodile
avatar

Number of posts : 1382
Age : 22
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: searchT,falCON,TyLeR,RED,EAR
Credits: 12
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Mashfiq wrote:
Pablo wrote:
I love pugs!
What are pugs?
Cute Puppys look them up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crocodilelodge.forumarena.com/
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:42 am

searchT wrote:
Mashfiq wrote:
Pablo wrote:
I love pugs!
What are pugs?
Cute Puppys look them up

this one is quite nice:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Spencer
Designer
Designer
avatar

Number of posts : 1473
Age : 22
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Spencer
Credits: 5
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am

LOL that dog is cross eyed xD nice pug, yeah very cute tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spencersart.net
Extra O
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 2079
Age : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Extra O, Lemon Em, y'know whatever =D
Credits: 175
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:47 am

Mashfiq wrote:
Extra O wrote:
Well my dog is half collie Confused ( and half whippet)

She is really energetic, but because I live on a farm there is lots of land she runs around whenever she likes, so there's no problem for me excercising her. (she loves playing fetch too!)

And also... I think border collies are really well behaved...Its just in their genes i think
Happy

How do you get internet connection on a farm?

Um.. Why WOULDN'T you be able to get internet connection in the countryside?

_________________
VROOOOOOM
BOOOOM
ZOOOOOOOM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:59 am

Extra O wrote:
Mashfiq wrote:
Extra O wrote:
Well my dog is half collie Confused ( and half whippet)

She is really energetic, but because I live on a farm there is lots of land she runs around whenever she likes, so there's no problem for me excercising her. (she loves playing fetch too!)

And also... I think border collies are really well behaved...Its just in their genes i think
Happy

How do you get internet connection on a farm?

Um.. Why WOULDN'T you be able to get internet connection in the countryside?

The place i went to for the barbeque party was a farm, and they had very fast internt, and I ahd full signal on my phone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Pablo
Super Crocodile
Super Crocodile
avatar

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Pablo
Credits: 4
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:02 pm

I like brown pugs lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CrocodileSwamp123
Extra O
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 2079
Age : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Extra O, Lemon Em, y'know whatever =D
Credits: 175
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 pm

Surprised WOAHHHH. I THINK MY DOG IS PREGNANT! Happy

_________________
VROOOOOOM
BOOOOM
ZOOOOOOOM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Extra O wrote:
Surprised WOAHHHH. I THINK MY DOG IS PREGNANT! Happy

lol - cool! is it a cute dog? I don't usually like whippets, no offence but they look a bit wierd Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Extra O
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 2079
Age : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Extra O, Lemon Em, y'know whatever =D
Credits: 175
Infractions: 0

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Lol, THAT dog is only half whippet. And she's pretty cute Happy

I have 2 other dogs. One round, hairy smelly boy doggy

And recently we've got another dog, who is kinda labrador... And we think she may be pregnant.
Happy She has beautiful eyes.

_________________
VROOOOOOM
BOOOOM
ZOOOOOOOM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Reptile
Retired
Retired
avatar

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Member Information
Crocodile Swamp Username: Superspy4
Credits: 0
Infractions: ◄none►

PostSubject: Re: dogs!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Extra O wrote:
Lol, THAT dog is only half whippet. And she's pretty cute Happy

I have 2 other dogs. One round, hairy smelly boy doggy

And recently we've got another dog, who is kinda labrador... And we think she may be pregnant.
Happy She has beautiful eyes.

There was a dog called snoop i met! it had big dark eyes, and he laid his head on your lap when you say down, he had lovely hair too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crocodileswamp.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: dogs!   

Back to top Go down
 
dogs!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Cool Cats & Hot Dogs in Bearville!
» different dogs (a b c)
» Different dogs
» I have a Bear and two Dogs....need pupils.
» OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crocodile Swamp Forum :: Member's Section :: Blogs-
Jump to: